30 September 2019

September knitting

This will be a short post!!

Not a whole lot of knitting got done this month due to my previous post, but I did manage to complete the September socks for Rufus before we came home.




I think he was pretty happy with them.  Laurie has requested that the October socks be for him and he wants the same yarn but with blue stripes.

Since getting home I have been working on the cardigan I started for Jess. I'm actually further along than this now. Both sleeves are completed and connected to the body and the shoulder decreases have started.  I love that this is knitting up so quickly - aran yarn - the pattern in Shelley Bay by Sarah Ronchetti, available on Ravelry


Whats next on my needles apart from the October socks? A sweater for Gus for which I need to go shopping later, and another batch of hot water bottles covers.  Rebecca is selling them in her shop and they are flying off the shelves which is gratifying, I think everyone wants to take home a little piece of Chateau de la Ruche, they make great presents and are small enough to pop in your bag to take out with you if the need arises.  I'm currently searching for another supplier of the bottle as these are an unusual size, 750ml and I have cleared out the current supplier on cream bottles.

So this is where I am right now.  Looking forward to more knitting time as the nights draw in and the weather keeps us home.  What are you knitting now?

2 comments:

  1. Cute cardigan pattern. Great color for Jess.
    I am glad the hot water bottle covers are so successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not making comments, been away! Back now so I'll be enjoying your Blog again every day LOve the sweater and socks look good. You and Hubby have been doing wonderful hard work, helping your daughter and son in-law. Your a truly special family!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x