7 March 2012

WIP Wednesday

another Wednesday comes around and I'm still working on my In the Mood cardigan and my Ten Stitch Twist. Nothing new has been started. I'm not sure I will press on with the socks, these will either go into hibernation or be frogged.

The In the Mood as you can see is coming along, back and sleeve completed, left front up to neck shaping. I would really like to have this out of the way by next Wednesday or at least Friday so I can show it off.




On the reading front - I am currently reading Sister by Rosamund Lupton which I am enjoying, then after that my book club read is The Elegance of Hedgehogs by Muriel Barbery, which apparently has nothing to do with prickly animals.  I sometime wonder if they give books odd titles just to make you pick them up.

Last night I went to the cinema with my youngest to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, a very enjoyable feel good but thought provoking film.  Not sure I fancy going off to India in my twilight years, but it certainly looked better than some of the alternatives - old peoples retirement developments? Tell me why would you want to live with a load of other old people?  I hope I am able to stay in my own home for as long as possible, but even if I'm not I'm sure I would prefer to downsize and be in the community at large.  I'll let you know if and when the time comes.

With that I'll let you go off to enjoy some other WIPs with Tami and Yarn Along

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, am dying to see Best Exotic Marigold Hotel! BTW, I adore the mug in your header! What a great gift idea! Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sure that you will finish by then, how could you resist working on a sweater that beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pattern on the front of your sweater! Love your attitude about growing older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so love that cardigan! And I am with you...I want to live among all ages and types for the duration. It's what keeps communities healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mood cardigan is absolutely beautiful. I keep eyeing it when I see you working on it at KnitLit and Medway. The colour is wonderful and suits the stitch pattern perfectly, with the light and dark shadow formed by the stitches.

    Glad you enjoyed the film. This might be an urban myth but I once read or heard about a woman who lived on the QE2 because it was cheaper than living in a retirement home. But, like you, I want to stay put!

    Pxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x