24 August 2019

August knitting

Not a whole lot of knitting has been done this month.  Jess asked for a Unicorn hat which I have played with for the last month, doing an odd bit here and there.  I think it looks a bit rude but she is happy with it







I think I've cheated a bit on this month's socks - rather than make a full pair of socks I opted for a slipper sock version in Aran weight.  These I knitted over two evenings.  They would make a great quick knit for a last minute gift and a bonus of using hardly any yarn so oddments from stash would be perfect.



I'm feeling a bit directionless on the knitting front at the moment.  I have shelved the summer top, still wondering whether to just rip it back.  I have lots of yarn suitable for shawls but need some inspiration.  

So what is currently on my needles?  Hot water bottle covers for the Chateau. Now they have another suite ready, they need more bottles to keep their guest beds cosy over the coming winter.  Nothing like snuggling up with a hot water bottle

Here's one I made earlier


2 comments:

  1. Like the hat for your granddaughter. My granddaughter likes the Unicorn Too. That's a fun idea With the knitted slipper sock. Is the hot water bottle your own pattern? Always enjoy your Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x