28 December 2019

Round up of the year

Well hello.  I hope you all had a good Christmas and that you are eagerly awaiting the new year.  In fact new decade.  Can you honestly believe that 20 years have passed since the millennium? - all that cyber panic which turned out to be nothing.  This coming year promises to be an interesting one in more ways than one. How it will all pan out remains to be seen.

This past year has been a busy one for us.  Travelling back and forth to France to help out at the Chateau, appearing briefly on TV - series two and three, some good holidays, watching our grandchildren grow not only in size but in confidence, and a few sad notes too where we bid farewell to friends old and new.  This is life and we must seize the day, she says with her fingers crossed behind her back.

The year ahead promises lots more travelling - pastures new, meeting old friends, plus more of the same as we continue to help bring life back into the out buildings at La Ruche.  Exciting times.

A look back on Ravelry shows I had a productive knitting year too:


The finally tally was - 1 mans sweater - 1 ladies fair isle yoke cardigan - 3 shawls - 1 child's summer top - 4 hats - 41 hot water bottles - 1 child's cardigan - 1 child's sweater - 1 hooded scarf - 2 cowl - 1 pair child's slippers - 12 pairs of socks - 1 crochet blanket (which will be done by year end)

Those socks - I'm pretty pleased with all of these and happy to report that they are being worn by their receipients.. At some point I'll make some for me!!



The Hedgerow Yarns Advent Calendar for 2019 - this I plan on making into a shawl, most probably the Linus shawl


That just about wraps it up for 2019, just the leftovers to eat and the crochet blanket to finish and then it will be 2020.  Wishing you all a very Happy New year in advance.  Take care and thanks again for reading


Sue xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a productive year for you. In knitting and grandmothering and in Châteauing. Well done,
    Here’s to all the new adventures of the new new year and decade 💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look amazing , i wish i could knit without dropping stitches , My mother in law used to sort me out when this happens , I tried to sort the problem out myself but i drop stitches so often it puts me off xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x