20 December 2019

Winter rains, winter blues

The winter rains have been relentless.  Grey and sullen skies.  Big splashy puddles.  Soggy gardens.  Miserable faces. Wet coats and drippy umbrellas.  Frankly I have had enough. Bring me cold, sunny, frosty days.  Not rain and fog.  Do you get the picture?  I'm not happy with the weather right now.  I want to get out and feel the sun on my face, not scurry around trying to keep everything dry.  Can you tell I'm fed up? Ok enough.

There are some bright spots. My Advent yarn calendar is continuing to bring joy each morning.  Some lovely colours, especially when you see them all together. This is the first 14


Last weekend we had the youngest grandchildren to stay and they help with decorating the tree and the Christmas cake - which is a bit sprinkles heavy!!








We then went on to make vanilla cookies




and some spiced cookie dough which we ended up cooking and decorating on the Sunday







Needless to say they enjoyed themselves and took most of them home with them! Saves our waistlines

I am progressing well with the granny square, Jess saw my progress (below) and asked if I would make it into a blanket for her.


its amazing how fast it grows





I'm enjoying working on this for a change but need to get my December socks finished.

I think I am more or less ready for Christmas, just the food shop to do and a couple more presents to wrap.  I need to freshen up the greenery which necessitates a walk - if only it will stop raining. Thank you so much for reading and commenting on the blog again this year. I will pop in before the end of the year with a round up of my 2019 knitting projects and a final look at all those advent mini skeins.
Have a wonderful Christmas and very best wishes to all and especially to those whose Christmas will be different this year for one reason or another.


Take care Sue xx



2 comments:

  1. Your tree is beautiful. Love the shape! Your grandchildren look like they were having fun. Did a great job too! Your crochet work is coming along good. Jess will love her blanket. Wishing you and your family a Very happy Christmas and a great New Year!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a great read.
    Fingers crossed for better weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x