24 August 2020

Changes

 

Knitting I love how adaptable it is. I decided to knit myself a cable sweater with some super chunky yarn which I bought online during lockdown. It was labelled chunky but it’s not it’s very much super but I digress. I cast on in good faith having got gauge on the third attempt. I don’t normally bother but sometimes you just should. 



I set too and started knitting, by the time I got to the armhole decrease I was having reservations but ploughed on for a few more inches until I decided to make a start on some Christmas knitting!





With two hats completed I decided to make a decision on the sweater  I pulled it back to the start of the armhole decreases and cast off. Found a cushion pad and hey presto a new cushion for the sofa.  No guilt about an abandoned project and time wasted. Nothing lost just gain. Though Peter not so happy with yet another cushion. What is it about men and cushions?

Not sure what I will do with the rest of the yarn. I already made curtain tie backs for the hall. Maybe it will be destined for bags or I’ll just give it away ...... or should I make more cushions?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Peter. One can never have too many cushions.
    Great idea to reinvent the project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x