1 August 2020

August

And just like that it’s August. The garden is taking on a different hue, lots of yellows and oranges amongst the purpled and pinks. 


I actually think orange looks great in the garden. My eldest daughter won’t have it. Soft peach is the closest she will go on that colour spectrum. There is one rose that was in the garden when they moved in which has had a stay of execution as it’s mainly hidden by the fig tree on the side of the to be finished gite. I tidy it when we go and so far so good. 

The heat of yesterday (34c) subsided overnight and we have a much fresher day (25c) which is a relief. I just can’t cope the the heat anymore. I retreat indoors

We met with our youngest daughter and granddaughter this morning and enjoyed a coffee overlooking the river watching the boats felt almost normal until you look around at all the masks. 



Sad times. What a year?  How do you plan? Going out these days seems fraught with indecision and risk. So we keep fairly close to home restricting who we see. 

Knitting and fiddling in the garden fills the days. The hot water bottles are finished and ready to be delivered. I’m about nearly halfway into the shawl. I plan on making more socks or cowls. Something to use up the odds and ends. Maybe another ten stitch, I somehow feel lost without one on the go.....

Right time to go and think about dinner, take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x