20 August 2020

Southsea Shawl

 







Thursday - a beautiful day, sunny and breezy. A complete change to yesterday which was wet and dreary. I spent the whole day knitting. I was keen to complete Linda’s shawl. I’m very happy with how it has turned out. Liking the mesh and picot border which I finished it with. I now have it blocking to open out the mesh and edge. I plan to get it in the post tomorrow. The yarn was from Crochet UK, they do some amazing yarn cakes and I would be happy to use them again. The pattern was made up as I went along, it’s fun to make up your own pattern and there are plenty of basic instructions for the different shawl shapes online.

Still no plans for my next project, I may do some more granny squares for a change, nice and quick.

I’m now sat with a cold drink and a new Sherlock Holmes story on Audible so my afternoon is set.



2 comments:

  1. THE SHAWL IS LOVELY! Really like your pattern! take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Do let us know how your friend likes it. Maybe she'll model a picture for us?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x