4 September 2020

September crept up

September, where did you come from?  Just like that its all change.  There is a decided nip in the early morning and evening air, enough to make me grab my dressing gown when getting up. Plants in the garden are starting to go over and I'm doing more than dead heading.  We tried growing veg in pots this year, can't say it was that successful.  The tomatoes were ok, but not so the courgettes, plenty of leaves and blackfly but not much in the way of anything edible.  The runner beans I think peaked whilst we were away, so our daughter got those.  Producing now just a few for a tiny taster, I should just pull them out.

My thoughts turn to more cosy knitting projects.  Hats for the grandkids.  Cosy cardigan for me.  An extension to a ten stitch blanket I completed in 2011 - so easy to do this, just unpick those 10 cast off stitches and away you go.  I've enough yarn in my stash to make this blanket fit a king size bed. And I covered an old bean bag making a great footstool - 3 strands of super chunky yarn in moss stitch, my fingers were very sore when I'd finished but a super quick project






On Monday we walked around the Old Gravel Pits in Hemingford Grey - its a permit holders only walk for villagers and we finally got round to getting a permit - only taken us nearly 3 years













It was certainly worth the walk and we will go back again as it is literally right on our door step.

Tuesday we had a quick trip to Costco in Stevenage - it was very quiet which made for a pleasant visit, not that we stayed long - just shop and go

Wednesday found us in Southwold - we got up early and were sitting enjoying a bacon roll and coffee by 9am.  We spent the morning on the beach, then went for a pint and some fish and chips.  Going into the town wasn't a pleasant experience, too many people, one way systems, queuing to go into shops, just really uncomfortable, so we headed up to the common for a walk and a sit to admire the view.  I suppose at some point life will go back to normal and I'm guessing for now we will just stay home rather than be disappointed. Though it was lovely to see the sea again, especially very first thing when it was quiet.












Thursday I met with a friend at the local garden centre for a cup of tea and a catch up.  The café has been refurbished and the tables were nicely spaced out allowing you to safely social distance.  We had a good natter.

Friday, today - washing, ironing, Peter fitted new taps on the bath and I framed some posters we picked up on our travels



This one actually was bought for us years ago and I never got round to framing it, but it felt right to do so as this was one part of our trip we never got to.  They are now up in the lounge and I'm really happy with how they look.  We still need to get round to putting up pictures, we still have lots but not so many walls these days


No plans as yet for the weekend other than to visit the Farmers Market tomorrow, I'm sure knitting will feature in the weekend somewhere.

Before I go, the boys in France went back to school on Tuesday and Gus finished pre-school yesterday, he will start school next week.  Where has the time gone?




Bye for now, stay safe and wear your mask xx




2 comments:

  1. You sure have done a bit of knitting. Enjoyed seeing all of it. Especially the sweater your making for yourself. Is it a pattern you've done before? What a pretty place that walk was! The grandchildren are getting quite big. Where has all the time gone? Take care and stay safe!! Linnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice good catch up right here. Love your adventures, big and small.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x