3 February 2022

Do you see a dragon?

Looking at this fallen tree on our walk today, I was immediately struck by its resemblance to a flying dragon. Isn’t nature amazing?



New day, new project. I cast on a puff daddy footstool/floor cushion using three strands of the Marble chunky and one of aran.  As I had over ordered in the yarn for the ten stitches I thought this would a good use. I have some old duvets to use for stuffing so no extra outlay.



Whilst out today we passed the old telephone box in Hemingford Abbots. A while back it was turned into a library/swap box. You help yourself and then drop off any books (mainly) or dvds/cds you are finished with. It’s a great idea and well used.  Anyway this old knitting book caught my eye today. Printed in 1985.  My mum used to take the Woman’s Weekly magazine when I was a child and I had it when we were first married.  The patterns and recipes were always good.  I stopped buying it when knitting went out of fashion for a while. Over time the magazine changed and I never went back to it.  They ended up publishing their patterns in a separate monthly magazine, which I bought occasionally if something took my fancy. This book was a trip down memory lane. Some of the patterns awful but others you can imagine knitted in todays yarns and colours, styles not that different.  There are certainly some patterns I will knit, especially the baby and children ones.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading stories from others with great imaginations! I SAW THE DRAGON and giggled. I do the same thing when I go for a walk in our fields. Thank you for the great share (oh, and I am also a Yarnie - heehee!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a dragon. I will be sure to show the grandsons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x