2 February 2022

Knitting news and other things

Wednesday - blogger has decided to reverse my photos so I will work backwards 

A 6.2 mile walk this morning. A grey day but not really cold. The pussy willow is starting to push forth which is a good sign that spring is on the way 




Things are stirring in the garden too. New growth on the euphorbia, hellebores lifting their heads






The amaryllis has finally put out it’s forth bud but unfortunately in doing so made the plant top heavy. We came down to a snapped off flower head which is a shame I had hoped to get a photo of all four a once. Well I did but not on the plant!





After eight weeks the two Ten stitch blankets are completed. I’m happy with the result. Glad to see the back of them.  They took 13 x 200 grams of James C Brett Marble Chunky. Around £70 for the two blankets which isn’t too bad. They measure 56” x 60”, so a good snuggly size.



Tuesday - was marmalade making morning - walk around the village lakes - friend visit - A lovely mild and sunny day - more knitting 





Monday - wild and windy day - marmalade prep - knitting 

1 comment:

  1. Signs of spring come to you so much sooner than to me. I will just have to enjoy your photos until the snow melts here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x