11 February 2022

Knitting news

This week has been finishing week.  I have completed three projects and have empty needles right now.

First off the needles was a foot stool/poufee  I used three strands of the Marble Chunky held with a strand of aran weight.  Cast on 35 stitches and knit until I ran out. So 600 grams of the Marble and whatever of the aran.  This was stuffed with an old 4.5 tog king sized duvet and a couple of sun damaged throws.  It’s made a good sized firm poufee, and will go nicely with the blankets


Next up is a Ribbed Baby jacket pattern by Debbie Bliss. I used Louisa Harding Jesse yarn which is 100% cotton. The only modification was to add a rib at the bottom to prevent rolling.



Then, I wound the yarn I produced last weekend and made a cowl.  It’s a 1x3 rib which can be worn either side.  I cast on 52 stitches with 10mm needles. The yarn weighed in at 136 grams so just enough to make a decent sized cowl.




I now need to decide what’s next.  I have three bags made up with yarn, pattern and needles so it’s a case of take your pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x