30 January 2022

The weekend


I spent a quiet Saturday knitting and listening to a book - The Brimstone Wedding by Barbara Vine.  I worked on the ten stitch for a while. Then picked up the Tama sweater and decided to get that out of the way. Peter took himself off for a walk but I didn’t fancy one. We had walked nearly 7 miles on Friday and my knee hurt plus it was grey and miserable. My excuse. There are two sides left to do on the blanket so I’m nearly there. It actually makes me quite warm with so much bulk in my lap so I’m trying to push it to the side the best I can without it affecting my left shoulder too much. I can tell you getting older is no fun. You really feel the changes! I also cast on a cardigan late evening. It’s the Ribbed Baby Cardigan by Debbie Bliss. I’m using Louisa Harding Yarns Jesse (100% cotton) for this. Photo at the bottom. I have added four rows of 2x2 rib to prevent it rolling, hopefully it won’t spoil the finished look.

Today Sunday we walked 9.5 miles - out of the village along the river towards Fen Drayton lakes, then round Elney Lake and back the way we came.  I’m feeling somewhat stiff now! I wish there was a way of sorting out ageing joints. I know if I dropped some weight it would help but …..  Peter fancies doing the Camino de Santiago but it’s such a long way and would take six weeks walking 12 miles per day …… we would need to do some serious training for that. Plus it’s all terrains and weathers

I’ll leave you with that thought and photos of our leisurely flat walk











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x