5 January 2022

The hand that feeds


Last day of the school holiday yesterday. We spent the day with Rachel and the children. The weather turned out nice after lunch so we took the children to feed the ducks and swans. Not only ducks and swans but hundreds of seagulls and of course the resident pigeons. Pigeons I don’t have a problem with but the gulls were a bit much. Literally bombing the ducks and riding the backs of the swans! As you can see the pigeons are very tame and happy to eat from your hand.

Today has been very cold.  We woke to a sharp frost and sunny skies.  Peter went into Cambridge for a haircut and I stayed home and caught up on the laundry and ironing. I never mind the ironing once I get started especially if I listen to a book or the radio. 

This afternoon I had a friend round for a catch up. She is eagerly awaiting her first grandchild due in the next week. Exciting times, I remember it well. Those first cuddles, the warm milky smell.  Now they are all leggy and loud!! Ahh well. At least they are fit and healthy and still enjoy being with us, long may that last.



1 comment:

  1. I remember waiting with you from afar for that first (and the next 3) to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x