7 January 2022

Knitting news

I have started the year with a yarn stash tidy up. 
Everything weighed and documented.

 I still have more yarn than I need but I hope to move some of it on this year.  

As previously mentioned I made 61 items last year and all but one came from my stash.  I think that was pretty good going.








I normally document my yarn on a spreadsheet, but for some reason that has gone missing from the laptop. I have resorted to a spiral notebook which means I can remove the page when the yarn is used and add in new yarn if I weaken and fall. 

My next job is to go through my patterns and see what takes my fancy for the coming year and only knit it if I have enough stash. Wish me luck. If all else fails there will be lots of stripy sweaters, accessories and blankets.

I know I have a few baby knit requests on the cards so that will use some. My stash of hand dyed skeins will be used for shawls (or socks), though counting up there are 9 of them so that’s a lot more shawls …..  

Of course there are always charity knits for all the cheaper dk yarn, I’m keen to get that out of the way. I’m going to try and be more selective in my yarn buying this year rather than buying on impulse, in fact I really shouldn’t buy/don’t need more yarn….. do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x