2 January 2022

Something to look forward to

I was lucky enough to receive an amazing Christmas present from our daughters and families. A two day hand spinning workshop.  I have wanted to learn to spin for sometime but just haven’t got round to doing anything about it. Plus there was nothing local to me.


This workshop is based in Norfolk so whilst we could travel back and forth, we have decided to make a long weekend of it and booked a cottage on the coast as an added treat. Plus it means that Peter can go off and do his own thing and have a base to return to. 

As Covid doesn’t seem to want to leave us anytime soon we have decided that we just need to get on with our lives as carefully and as safely as we can. Let’s face it we aren’t getting any younger and we feel Covid have already stolen nearly two years of our retirement. So to that end we are planning to try and do something every month this year to get us out of our home to pastures new, at home or abroad, if we are allowed.  Also, from February I will officially be a pensioner and will start receiving my state pension, no longer a kept woman, as I have been since October 2017. The extra pennies will come in handy and if nothing else I can spend it on yarn. 

We already have two trips booked, so watch this space to see what we get up to. 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x