3 January 2022

Knitting news

 





I’m pleased to report that the first of the ten stitch blankets for Maurice’s House is completed. 

This took 6.5 x 200 gram balls of James C Brett Marble chunky and measures 56”x60”, so a good size for snuggling under on the sofa. I shall have enough yarn left over from the second blanket to actually make a third. Ok, I over estimated what I would need. I shall more than likely make a foot stool (pouffe) with it, which makes extra seating for a child or just to put your feet up on.  We will see.

I have sorted through my 4ply/sock yarn oddments, weighed them and placed them in order of size. I have ordered a skein of grey yarn to use as a base and will make a Linus shawl using all the oddments, alternating with the grey.  I think there should a enough variation to make a pleasing shawl and use up these oddments that have been hanging around for a while.

There is also a baby cardigan on the needles. I’ve not taken any pictures, just working a few rows here and there as a change from the blanket.

The plan as usual this year is to continue  working through my yarn stash where possible, rather than buy more - I know I just bought more, but sometimes you just don’t have the right yarn or amount for a specific project. I actually did quite well in 2021 to reduce my stash. 

Everything knitted from January to October was from stash. I bought yarn for my Mdina cardigan and then the rest of the year was knitted from stash too, apart from the yarn purchased for the ten stitch blankets. The only other yarn purchased was three skeins of sock yarn which I added to stash, a girl has to have some treats.  Oh and a friend also passed on a bag of yarn that went into stash too!

All in all not bad considering how many projects I made. I really enjoy the challenge of using up the yarn, some of which has been around for sometime. Let’s see if 2022 can really bust that stash. 

Maybe I need to do a show and tell…….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x