21 January 2022

Suffolk Secrets -Felixstowe Ferry

We are just back from a week away in Suffolk. Our Christmas and 45th wedding anniversary gift to ourselves.  Our base was a small cottage in Orford overlooking the castle. Whilst we have briefly visited Orford in the past it was mainly to stop off at the bakery on the way home from Southwold.

Our trip started last Friday 14th January, as we couldn’t arrive at our cottage until after 4 we stopped off enroute to Felixstowe ferry. We had never been to this part of Felixstowe before  and it was lovely. We lunched at the Old Ferryboat Inn on the quay and then walked along the coast and back.



In the summer months they run a foot ferry to Bawdsey which I imagine is very popular with walkers. There are certainly plenty of footpaths marked and somewhere we will return to visit.








As you can see the weather was beautiful, very sunny and bright. One thing I have discovered recently is that low winter sun will trigger a migraine in me. Unfortunately it did on this occasion which wasn’t great. I now make sure that I wear a cap or brimmed hat when walking into the sun.








This was the first day of our trip done and 4 miles walked.  

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure which is my favorite, the walks and views or the amazing looking meals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x