5 April 2022

April days

 

Mrs Sheep and her twins, such a cute family photo 


Beautiful daffodils purchased as buds on Friday, bursting into life on Saturday



Working through my scrap sock yarns bag and I’ve created another shawl. Based on the Linus shawl again but with an eyelet border and picot cast off. There is around 60 grams of scraps left but the colours didn’t work on this shawl, so will be left in the bag to await any oddments to join them when I start on the full skeins still in stash.  

Below is the Puerperium cardigan from Pekapeka Designs, knitted in Drops Cotton Light which has been in my stash for at least five years, maybe longer.  


I’m currently working on another Pekapeka pattern - Ode to Pinstriping in another stashed yarn.  Again it’s been around for sometime.  I’ll post photos when I’m done.

Whilst putting some yarn back into stash, I really wondered if I’ll ever get to a point where I feel I’m in need of buying more.  I’m trying so hard to work my way through what I have.  I’ve decided to knit a fairisle patchwork throw in the hopes of shifting the smaller quantities. By knitting squares I can just do them as and when between other projects until I have enough.

I have no idea what my next knitting project will be. I could do another poufee to match the throws and poufee I made for the Chateau, which would use up the last of the Marble Chunky. I currently don’t have any other knitting requests, though every time I say this someone asks me to knit something for a new baby, so I’ll just wait and see.

Walking has been happening too 3.6, 3.7, 8.9, 6.1 and 4.4 miles. Both of us have had some aches and pains in knees and hips, we think that 7 days hard garden work had taken its toll, using different muscles from walking so it’s taken a while to get back into the swing. Ahh the joys of getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x