10 April 2022

Knitting news


Another tiny project came off the needles on Thursday evening. Just in time to hand over to my friend Judy when we met on Friday.  This pattern is Ode to Pinstriping which is another free pattern from Pekapeka patterns.  Kelly offers a few of her newborn patterns free which is great and of course I ended up buying her E pattern books which are great. Sizing on most pattern goes to age 10 or 12 and all the patterns are written for any thickness of yarns. Ravelry tells me I have knitted 25 items using Pekapeka patterns, so well worth the pattern investment. The yarn I used was Red Heart Fina DK which I bought in a 500 gram pack at a knitting show quite some time ago. In fact the first project I can see I knitted with it was in 2014!! So really need to get the rest knitted up and away.

I’m now making a top for me using the Gemini top pattern from Jane Richardson, this is also free on Ravelry.  I’m using some 4ply cotton yarn from Anna & Clara which I bought in France. The pattern calls for DK but I actually did a swatch!! And got gauge so we will see how it turns out. I will hopefully get some photos later.

Yesterday I walked out with Rachel, we took a 9.5 mile walk, of course some liquid refreshment was had!  It was good for us to get out and enjoy some time to have a good chat and exercise 




 Today, once it warms up will be spent in the garden. The grass needs a cut, there are weeds to pull and the daffodils need deadheading. Always something to do

Enjoy your Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x