25 April 2022

Knitting news

Off the needles 



Summer Bucket Hat - 


Gemini Top - not sure if I really like this or not. I actually don’t have anything it will go with 😂 oh well I can wear it in the garden if not out



 Patchwork Squares - 

With the top and hat now completed I’m at a loose end knitting wise. I can’t decide what to knit next.  I spent an age winding a 300 gram lace weight skein, to then decide not to use it! I’ve spent too much time on Ravelry and going through patterns looking for inspiration but nothing really takes my fancy.  I only made the hat for something to do. Whilst awaiting a brainwave I’m making up squares, using oddments and learning new stitches.  I expect these will go the way of the crochet granny squares which still sit languishing in a bag. A case of out of sight etc etc. Who knows maybe I’ll make enough to do a knit/crochet combo blanket. 

The stitch pattern above is slip stitch zigzag, 8 rows to the pattern. Simple enough. I have all my stitch books out and have marked up all the patterns that will fit within my 40 stitch square, allowing for a three stitch garter border each side, so my cast on will be somewhere between 38-44.  This gives roughly a 7” square.

There you have it my knitting news for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x