25 August 2021

Cambridge University Botanic Garden

 As promised here are the photos from our visit on Monday.  The gardens are situated just outside of Cambridge town centre.  A pleasant walk along Trumpington Street will get you there and there is plenty to see on the way.

The gardens are displayed over 40 acres and boasts over 8,000 plant species from around the world. We didn't venture into the greenhouses this visit, but they are certainly worth a look.  There is a £7 entrance fee to visit the gardens but I think you certainly get your monies worth, as you can stay as long as you like and there are lots of places to sit and watch the world go by.  Plus a cafe for morning coffee or a light lunch.

This is some of what we saw 












































I would love to have some of the larger beds in my garden but alas no longer have the space but actually am fairly pleased with how my garden is fairing since we moved in nearly 4 years ago, its certainly changed a lot in that time.

I hope you enjoyed our visit to the gardens as much as we did


1 comment:

  1. Four years already?
    Beautiful gardens. I too would love to have some of those plants. I have the space...just not the energy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x