25 August 2021

What we did on Tuesday










Tuesday started with a trip to the supermarket for a few supplies.  I picked up a bunch of alstroemeria to which I added a fair bit from the garden, making what I hope is a pleasant arrangement, I like messy, unstructured arrangements! 

Once I'd finished faffing with flowers and the shopping was packed away we donned our walking shoes and headed out for a stroll. We headed through Hemingford Abbots and around the back of the meadow to bring us out onto Eastside Common then back into Abbots then along the river back home.  It was a good stretch and just about the right temperature with a light breeze.  Good to be seeing the sun again. More signs of autumn were visible and the berries are starting the change colour and become more noticeable in the hedgerows.  The river was being cleared of excess foliage so gave us pause as to stood and watched the two boats working.

After lunch Manda came for a visit and we put the worlds to rights for a few hours.  Never short of things to talk about. Peter said all he could hear from inside was us laughing in the garden!

I seem to be on a roll now with my knitting having finished the Emma Asked cardigan and fashioning a matching hat.  I'm now working on another Pekapeka pattern - Composite which is a little lacy cap sleeved top, again another free pattern for the first size.

Today, Wednesday, I'm meeting s friend for coffee this morning but nothing else planned.  I expect there will be a walk during the day at some point.  Have a good day, catch you later

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x