2 March 2022

More knitting

So I cast on a shawl. I did mention I might. This is the Linus shawl pattern, very simple. I will probably finish off with a picot edging. I’m using up all my oddments of sock yarn. They were all weighed and I am knitting from the smallest up alternating every two rows with a grey yarn from Under the Olive Tree. 


My other knit is the Sporty Car Coat for a baby due in May, using Cotton Light from Drops Yarns. The buttons are from my stash too so no extra expense.


I’ve had a knitting request this morning. A new baby arrival in France. The farmer neighbour to the Chateau, Alain, became a first time grandpa to baby Maude, so I will be knitting up some suitable items for the little lady. 

A new life in this crazy world, makes you wonder what the outcome will be. I’m trying not to look at the news too much but it’s hard to ignore. I made a donation to the British Red Cross, I felt at least I was doing something in a small way. Sad, sad times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x