19 April 2020

Lockdown - more activities

I had planned on writing another trip post today but instead my brain decided to just do a dump of the last few days.

We've been tidying the garden, the daffodils and wallflowers are going over now and I'm hoping that something else comes along to fill their space as I can't get any instant pops of colour to add right now.  The Alliums are poking their way up and the flower heads filling so hopefully they wont be too long.  The Weigelia is full of buds so there should be a blast of pink any day now if this nice weather holds up.  The last few days have been a bit grey and much colder, these photos were taken at the beginning of the week.













More cooking and baking, this is a Shepherds, Feta Pie.  I had some shepherds pie mix leftover from making a couple of pies so I had a pack of filo handy and just dumped it in then crumbled a slab of feta over and topped with filo, baked for 40 mins, the result was amazing


Peter baked a Banana Cherry Cake, yesterday after spending the morning pressure washing the patio and paths.


I made more mask minders - 48 in total





then I sorted out my sewing machine, pulled out some fabric and made a dozen scrubs bags.  My contribution to the NHS appeal




I got breakfast in bed this morning, bacon and HP sauce sandwich. I must admit we aren't getting up very early these days, we wake around 7, one of us gets up and makes coffee, collects the phone/tablet (they stay downstairs at night), then we check the news etc, read a bit of book and just start the day leisurely.  Our mealtimes are all over the place.  Today we didn't have lunch til 2:30 so dinner will be late tonight


I used the rest of the filo pastry up by making some feta and dill parcels


and some toffee and raisin cookies.  We will be the size of a house by the time this lock down is over!!


It was great to see the sun again today (look at that sky), and the lilac has burst into flower.  It smells divine.



No plans for this week, other than doing what we are doing.  Tomorrow is Mr S birthday, not quite the day we had planned but never mind.

Stay home, stay safe - I will do a trip update for my next post

1 comment:

  1. Love your lilacs. Mine were a causality when we built the pavilion. I miss them. Really should remember to replant.
    Creative uses of filo. I should remember to get some of that too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x