27 April 2020

Lockdown - continues

Hi and good afternoon to you.  I hope all is well with you in lockdown land.  After a week of wall to wall sunshine it looks like we are in for a wet week.  Dull and sunny intervals today, so we got out for a walk.  My hay fever is playing up and I have a really itchy throat and runny nose today, so all the blossoms whilst beautiful cause some discomfort.

We walked from Hemingford Grey through to Hemingford Abbots and out and around the common and back, 5.2 miles.






















Home for a beer and crisps, just not the same as going to the pub


This afternoon I have finally finished the ten stitch for our bed.  It could have had another round but I have no more suitable yarn.  The bonus of this blanket though is that if and when I have yarn, I can just unpick the ten stitches cast off and do another round.  I'm sure I won't, but as a critical knitter I always find something I'm not happy with. Do you do that, always something you find wrong? Anyway this blanket was knit from stash, I didn't buy any extra for it.  There is an assortment of mainly aran weight with one round of chunky knit on smaller needles and one final round side done with 2 x strands of DK held together




Next up, is to finish my Exordium shawl and my short sleeved cardigan, and as I said the rest of the week looks fairly wet so we won't be going far.

Stay home, stay safe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x