7 July 2021

All change

I’ve had a morning of sorting and tidying. 

Firstly in the garden, where I dead headed and pulled up some finished poppies. Planted some coreopsis and fuchsia. I never took photos 

I’ve been planning for a while to swap round some storage. The grandchildren have their toys and craft supplies in the under-stairs cupboards and I have my craft/yarn in the small sitting room cupboard. I decided that it would be better for me if these were swapped around.  I put in a call to Gus (he’s self isolating from school AGAIN!! His mummy is not happy) to run the idea past him as I didn’t want to upset him, you know how small children can be if you change things! He said he didn’t mind!

I now have my craft split as follows 


Sewing machines, which hardly ever get used in small bottom cupboard along with some old gardening magazines - not actually sure why I’m keeping them or the step which the kids no long need 


My knitting and sewing books, pattern files, buttons, threads, along with a shelf for gift wrap etc and various miscellaneous items!


Yarn …. I need to go through each box and have another sort as I’ve used a fair bit recently and also added the yarn my friend gifted. Maybe do some yarn and pattern matching 


This is now the toy/craft cupboard, Gus approved when I sent a photo though did ask me to remove the vacuum cleaner - I can’t as it’s the only place it fits. This definitely works better everything is visible and I won’t end up with it all over the hall floor

I have started another shawl - this is the Sun Glitter shawl, another of Jem Arrowsmith’s patterns, so far so good

1 comment:

  1. Looks well organized. Like the color of the shawl you're doing! Children sure take up a lot of space with all their treasure !! We wouldn't have it any other way. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x