23 July 2021

All things woolly

What’s on the needles? With the hot weather things have slowed a bit on the knitting front but have found that with a fan placed at the right angle I can knit without getting overheated 

My Zick Zack cushion cover is coming along, I work on this in between projects. It’s satisfying to do, just that one row pattern repeat. 


A friend is expecting a baby girl in November and I’ve been asked if I can make her some knitted outfits.  This request is such a joy. Firstly because I love knitting baby clothes and secondly because it’s for a girl, such a wider range of patterns.  I spent an hour the other afternoon going through patterns and yarn and now have a goodly pile to knit from over the coming months.  They don’t take long, I cast on this Super Natural Stripe cardigan yesterday afternoon and am already working on the first sleeve. This is a great little pattern which I first knit years ago for Jess, she had quite a few in various colour ways and sizes. I also made it for Gus in navy twice.



This is a yarn treat for me. It’s a one off, not to be repeated, end of day dye session skein, Jemma uses all the leftover dye and makes a video of the resulting process.  The skeins are fun but this one really appealed to me so I decided to treat myself before anyone else did. I have no plans for it as yet, most possibly a shawl, cowl or socks 

What’s on your needles right now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x