20 July 2021

Sun Glitter

 









I have completed yet another shawl. I really enjoy shawl knitting. I have lots. This one is the Sun Glitter shawl by Jem Arrowsmith- Under the Olive Tree Knits.  

This shawl comes in two options, stocking stitch or garter stitch panels. The stocking stitch has a garter border which I didn’t fancy and as I had plenty of yarn I decided to continue the eyelet lace for my border and do a picot cast off. I think it worked well. In fact I think it improves the pattern.  The yarn I used was from Touch Yarns New Zealand - it’s a merino with silk and possum - very soft and blocked beautifully.

So what is next on my needles? I have the Zick Zack cushion cover to finish, but I have a request from a friend who is expecting a baby girl in November. I’m super excited for her but also for me as I love knitting baby girl outfits. I think there will be a few. I already have a few patterns in mind. So watch this space over the coming months. 

Today looks like being another hot one. We are heading into Cambridge, Peter is doing a platelets donation and I have some errands and shopping to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x