22 December 2021

Knitting news

 


Work progresses on the first of the ten stitch blankets for the gite. I’m at the stage where the blanket keeps me cosy whilst I’m knitting. Always good. The plan is to make them about 14 rounds each. This is nearly seven rounds so I’ve away to go. It has taken just under 3 x 200 gram balls to get this far. So I should have plenty of yarn, I allowed 10 balls per blanket. So possibly a few cushion covers too. 

I did a review of Ravelry today for the year. It was no surprise that I have been busy knitting again this year. 52 projects comprising of 61 items.

4 cowl, 8 headbands, 14 hats of various sizes, 7 baby cardigans, 2 adult cardigans, 3 cushion covers, 4 pairs of socks, 1 child’s jumper, 5 shawls, 2 short sleeve top, 6 cat blankets, 3 pair fingerless gloves, 1 pair baby boots, 1 pair dungarees, 1 ten stitch blanket.

Not a bad tally. Most of those projects were also knit from my stash of yarn, which I’m happy about. I’m sure I could knit for another year easily, especially if I concentrate on shawls and socks to use all those beautiful skeins of 4ply hand dyed sock yarns. There’s also still plenty of dk yarn which would make any number of striped or fairisle items.  I may have to turn to charity knitting as the grandchildren are at the age where they don’t wear hand knits anymore, apart from hats. Gus still likes his hats and jumpers, but I guess it won’t be long before they are out of favour with him too. 

I miss having tiny people to knit for and am always happy when someone asks for a baby item. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x