23 December 2021

Never the same two days in a row

The weather that is.  Yesterday we woke to clear skies and a sharp frost. A day to be out in the world, catching some rays and enjoying all that nature had created.








Today we are back the grey and mizzly skies, everything looking bedraggled and sad.  Peter cleared the last of the leaves from the borders whilst I started Christmas prep. Another batch of mince pies, this time I used a recipe from Paul Hollywood having been recommended it as the best pastry



I made Cointreau butter to accompany the pudding and pies, bread sauce, and the bird was delivered just before lunch. All of which are now in the fridge. I have pastry and sausage meat for sausage rolls and stuffing which I will make in the morning. 

Nothing much else to do as it’s just us two on Christmas Day, we are hoping for fine weather so we can get out for a decent walk.

I hope your Christmas prep is going well 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x