12 December 2021

Weekend roundup

We had a busy weekend. Rachel and the children arrived Friday after school for a sleepover. We got Turkish takeaway for dinner which was delicious and saved cooking.

We woke to this sky on Saturday morning. It was pretty amazing for a short while. Well worth being woken early …..

Rachel and I went foraging for greenery to make our Christmas wreaths.  Jess sat inside for a while watching us work, then came out and asked if she could make her own.  She has a bit of a flair for flower arrangement and was soon making her little bunches of foliage to be wired onto her willow hoop.  She was very determined about where each placement was to be and I must say for her first attempt she did well.  Whilst I wired everything in place she directed the operation!


Rachel working on her wreath 


Jess with her finished wreath



Rachel’s wreath


Next on the agenda was the gingerbread house. My house isn’t cold but we got cold outside and it took a while to warm up! Hence the hat and scarf.  Peter made us mulled wine and we had Christmas songs so it felt quite festive




I can’t believe I didn’t get a picture of the finished house

Then on to my Christmas cake. Just simple rough iced with sprinkles. I’ll add a ribbon on the day

We were all a bit sugared out by the end of the afternoon. Lots of sweets disappeared before they got anywhere near the house and my dining table protector was covered in icing. Luckily the carpet came off unscathed! They headed home before the sugar rush kicked in.

Rachel’s wreath in situ


Jess’s wreath not sure if this is its final spot, there was talk of it on the gate 


And finally mine, both Rachel and I went for half covered which I’m happy with.  I think she plans on changing the ribbon on hers for something thicker



This afternoon we headed out for a walk, the weather has turned much milder and we did see glimpses of sun and blue skies




 I feel like I’ve made a bit of headway on Christmas.  A few more presents to get and wrapping to do. Otherwise not so bad. Just waiting to see what Boris has in store for us this week 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x