9 December 2021

More knitting news


Yesterday morning I took delivery of 4000 grams of James C Brett Marble chunky yarn.

That’s a lot of yarn I here you say!

Rebecca has asked me to make two Ten Stitch blankets for the sofas in the newly completed gite - Maurice’s House at the Chateau.  Being a converted farm building it’s high on rustic features but also a huge space to keep warm. So making it cosy for guests is a priority.  They have recently installed a log burner for the winter months and the gite is available to rent year round.

Maurice’s House - take a look and see how lovely it is

Back to the yarn - Rebecca chose this colour-way MC86, then we discovered it was discontinued. So it took a bit of tracking down to find someone who still had enough in stock to fill our requirements. On past ten stitch blankets made, I estimated I would need around 2000 grams for a decent sized throw. This is a soft yarn so I am adding a white lace weight strand to give the blanket just a little more structure. It’s amazing the difference it makes.

I’m around half way through the first ball and as yet don’t feel I’ve come to a distinct colour repeat, so I’ll share my progress later. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x