5 November 2021

All about the birds

We woke to frost again, third one this week.  It’s chilly for this early in November I’m thinking.

I put bread out this morning, some on the lawn for the bigger birds - we get lots of crows, jackdaws and magpies - and some on the bird table for the smaller ones and the squirrel!  I’d no sooner come in when the garden was full of gulls, reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock.  No one else got a look in apart from a few pigeons that hung about on the margins of the lawn hoping for some crumbs.





We headed into St Ives to meet Rachel for coffee, it was so lovely that her and Peter went and got takeouts whilst I secured a quayside bench in the sun.

Look at this handsome chap, love the colour of his head and the curls on his tail feathers in the second picture 



Downstream views


Not sure if these two were canoodling or just grooming one another?


Delicious flat white from Black Robin - see the bird theme going on here?


Rachel sporting her new headband


Walking home via the river bank side of the meadow as it’s a bit squishy in the lower middle part now, how do I know….. wet feet.  The walk was so lovely, beautiful blue sky yet not long after getting home it all disappeared under a cover of cloud so I’m glad we had the best of the day




Another headband request - can I have one to match this shawl?  Looks like I have the right yarn in my stash.  I will need to go down a needle size or two to use these four strands 3 x dk and one 4ply, but it should work fine.  I’ve nearly finished my second glove and then I’ll get on to it

I’m sat here with the smell of a steak and kidney casserole slowly cooking in the oven. Enough for several meals, tonight we will have it with dumplings and buttered cabbage.  The rest will go in the freezer for a pie, I like to have a quick meal to hand for busy days


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x