2 November 2021

Autumn light










The light at this time of year is amazing, soft and mellow. 

Reflections on the river so perfect, I could have stayed watching for ages, in fact it was only the chill in the air that moved us along. 

This morning the first frost of this winter  glittered on the grass. I favoured my proper winter jacket rather than my body warmer for our walk, though I suppose I could have added a thicker sweater under it. I dislike being bundled up but to be honest I was quite comfortable.  

Our family are packed and ready for their return to France in the morning. Their holiday done, ready to return to start the renovations on their side of the Chateau, new bedrooms and bathroom for the boys. After four years of making do whilst the guest side was done, now it’s time for them to have nice rooms. Always something to do 


1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x