6 May 2021

Weather won’t win any votes

Our day started with a trip to the Polling Station to cast our votes for the local elections and various other things!  Umbrellas were needed along with masks and pens. 

Afterwards Peter popped off to visit his mum and I decided it was time to have a serious sort out of my clothes. I took a bin bag and collected all those “I’ll get the weight off and wear again clothes” and consigned them to the bag. Firstly who am I kidding and to be honest if I do loose weight then I’m getting new clothes. It was quite liberating as some of the stuff I’ve had for years. I now have a much lighter cupboard but seriously need some summer weight cropped trousers. I’ve plenty of tops just not many bottoms. I’m supposed to be shopping with Rachel and Jess on Saturday but the forecast is still for heavy rain and that won’t make for a fun day out especially as we still can’t go inside to eat.  

We did manage to get out for a walk this afternoon. Armed with umbrellas as the skies were heavy 



We got caught in a hailstorm as we reached the common, but sheltered under a tree til it passed



See blue skies later

There was a good froth on the river today

Lilacs are breaking forth


We managed our 6 mile walk without any more rain and the washing I had left out was dry too.

There is a forecast for frost again tonight which seems crazy. The heating has come on again, not liking this in May, but then I don’t like being cold either. Roll on some warm weather please. 


2 comments:

  1. I could use a
    good clothing clean out too. followed by a walk as lovely as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x