3 May 2021

Miserable Monday

May Bank Holiday - it couldn’t be more miserable if it tried. Cold, grey, windy, wet. 

We did manage to go to the park very first thing with Rachel and the children. They wanted to show off their new bike riding skills after finally letting bikes take the place of their beloved scooters. They both did really well and  considering Gus was riding a pink girls bike which actually was a bit small for him he didn’t complain. They did take him later and ordered him a super boys bike which he is pretty chuffed with.  It’s his 5th birthday next week so hopefully it will arrive by then.  

It was freezing cold over on the park and by the time we got back I was chilled to the core.  In fact I even turned the heating on and put on a thick cardigan.  Hours later I’m still cold.

I’m struggling to concentrate on anything at present.  The book I’m listening too just isn’t engaging me, neither is my knitting, I keep picking up and putting it down. I made some chocolate bark earlier - 70% dark chocolate with Brazil nuts, raisins and marzipan.  We didn’t need it but I was bored.

I spent time looking at patterns on Ravelry but I don’t know what to knit. See unsettled!

I’ve no idea what to do with myself right now, couldn’t even be bothered to go for a walk before the rain.  Just stuck in a rut. 








Hopefully I will have given myself a good talking too by tomorrow or eaten all the chocolate and be even more fed up!

2 comments:

  1. I guess we all feel like that once in a while. I can't blame that on the Covid in my case. Don't let yourself get so cold like that. Don't want you getting sick . You've knitted so many nice thing lately. I'm sure you come up with something . A sweater for hubby?? Tke care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x