4 May 2021

Turbulent Tuesday


Wow this weather, it feels more like February than May. It’s so cold. We ventured out for a walk after lunch and almost immediately got caught in a hail shower!  New leaves and blossoms are being ripped from the trees.

This morning we called into a local veg grower to see if he had any asparagus, but he said it was too cold it’s hardly out of the ground. We need some serious sunshine before we will be eating open ground asparagus.

The cows are back in the meadow which is lovely to see, check out the cute brown calf.




I have been naughty today and cast on another project. Another shawl. This one is called Rising Sun by Soft Rainbow Design - free to download on Ravelry.  I’m using two skeins of the yarn I bought in New Zealand last year.  That feels like a whole other life ago!

This shawl is customisable in that you can use any yarn, do any number of repeats of the 8 row first pattern followed by any number of the 8 row lace pattern, so make it as big or small as you like. The yarn I’m using is 4ply/fingering and I have 650 metres. The body will be the lighter shade with the lace border in the darker and I’m using 4mm needles.  Both yarns are a super twist 100% merino.

I shall continue to work on my scarf too but just needed a change from that one row repeat, it does get a bit monotonous.


Time to go and think about dinner, we have bacon chops but need to decide on cauliflower, spring cabbage or sprouting broccoli and whether mash or bake potatoes??? I’m actually not really in the mood to be bothered if I’m honest, do you think if I sit long enough the other half will get up and do it?  No?  I didn’t think so either

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x