14 May 2021

Grey May

Goodness it’s been a miserable day, not one sign of the sun. Just grey, grey and more grey. Cold too, in fact cold enough for the heating to kick in. 

What did we do today then?  

Me, I emptied the ironing basket, overdue again but it’s done now and put away. The window cleaners came, I really should do the insides...... Peter went and dropped some shopping off at his mum’s and stopped for a chat. We had lunch then walked into St Ives where I purchased some new walking shoes.  Mine have finally given in to all the walking and started to come apart at the seams, literally.  I can’t say how many miles they have put in but I had my monies worth out of them.

Once home we had a cup of tea then moved some pots about and planted some new herbs in the garden. Peter prepared and cooked dinner. 

I think I pulled my sciatic nerve again, so I’m sat with a hot water bottle and taken a couple of heavy duty ibruprofen.  I need to be shopping ready for tomorrow with Jess and Rachel. Not that the weather is looking great, it wouldn’t be so bad if we were able to have coffee and lunch inside but we are still under restrictions til Monday so everything is outside. We are hoping it goes through early 🤞


Enjoy your weekend, stay safe


1 comment:

  1. This weather really does need to warm up! Family are finally coming at 1/2 term for beach time!!🥶 I hope the ibuprofen does the trick and you manage a lovely time with your family😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x