19 May 2021

May showers

Busy morning grocery shopping and haircut for me - bit shorter than I planned on. Luckily my hair grows really fast.

Got back and pulled a few weeds and planted some geraniums.  I’m undecided whether to do wall pots this year hence the geraniums ending up in the garden.

After lunch we walked the village lakes.  We had only just got there when the heaven opened, fortunately Peter had a large umbrella with him. It really is odd weather for May.


The hawthorns are full on blossom and the scent is quite overpowering.  Not great for my hay fever but very pretty.


The rain stopped half way round so apart from feeling very humid it was pleasant enough.


We managed to get home just before the next downpour.

Tomorrow is looking ok in the morning but showery in the afternoon so need to plan our walking accordingly.  I fancy going somewhere different so I need to consult the local map and see where we’ve not been. Choices choices 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x