11 October 2021

Please Granny


Having enjoyed a weekend with Rachel and the kids, they headed for home around 3:30 yesterday. We closed the door …… quiet!  Goodness you forget how noisy and untidy little ones are, however they did pack away all the toys before they left.  We sat back and decided that the rest of the clearing up would keep until today.

Gus has a Halloween party at after school club coming up in a few weeks so asked me if I would knit him a hat.  How could I refuse.  I looked on Ravelry but most skeleton hats were crocheted.  I decided to have a look online to see if I could find any charted pictures.  Several came up so I screen grabbed one and transferred it to squared paper, adjusting it to fit a basic beanie hat.  Armed with some yarn from my scrap bag, a gin and tonic and an audiobook - The Beekeeper of Aleppo, I settled down and by 10pm I was casting off. It was good timing as I finished listening to the book too. A good read/listen if you are looking for a new book.

Today, Peter popped over to the allotment to clear away a bag of rubbish and a bag of roots. He also dug over a bit more of the plot, just the top end to do now where we had the fire and where the compost bin and kids mud pits from Saturday are currently located. Whilst he was doing that I caught up on the laundry and cleaned the house.  

We then walked into St Ives to the market and treated ourselves to a drink in the Nelson, enjoying the sunshine in their garden. 

For anyone trying to watch Chateau DIY on catch-up, there is a problem for some reason on All 4 .  I have however discovered it up on YouTube - if you search Chateau DIY 2021 all the new season is there.  Episode 6 features Chateau De La Ruche and Peter can be seen precariously walking beams! I assume that anyone around the world can watch so get it while you can. No adverts either

All in all a productive and enjoyable day


1 comment:

  1. ugh...I am trying to find it on youtube. I might be too late. I am only finding episodes 8 and up. Will keep trying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x