22 October 2021

Chill in the air


My latest work in progress is the Mdina Cardigan.  This is for me and I’m using the Cygnet yarn I got at the show the other week.  I really like the shade of brown it has a hint of grey in it and will make a change from all the blue in my wardrobe.  I’m currently working up the first front, the collar is knit as you go and apart from the shoulder and sleeve seams not too much sewing up





We took a long chilly walk today, 9 miles. The fields look so big and empty now. The last time we walked this way was the 1 September and whilst the crops had been taken in they hadn’t been raked and re-drilled.


One lone poppy


Crab apples 




Peter keeping up with the autumn colours

And then this!!! Spotted in a parked car in Fenstanton, we did laugh 


We treated ourselves to a portion of chips with salt and vinegar, sat on a breezy bench before heading back home. I think we deserved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x