5 October 2021

Getting things done


As predicted we woke to very soggy gardens today so a trip to the allotment was off.

I decided that I would paint the ceiling in our porch so that Peter could then put up the new light fittings.  I now remember why we paid someone to decorate the whole house once we finished renovating. I hate painting, even just a small space. I find that looking up, working with my arms above my head and concentrating for any length of time makes me feel sick. Add to that the smell of paint and it’s miserable! It’s done though and looks lighter and brighter.

Peter has been putting shelves up in the garage so we will have a final sort out and hopefully be neat and tidy and be able to locate everything without pulling out piles of stuff.

Next job on the list is to sort the rails in the built in cupboards. Lots of wasted space which we want to utilise. Always something to do.






This afternoon we ventured out into St Ives for some exercise and fresh air and managed to avoid any rain from the threatening clouds.  Fortunately it was so windy that the clouds blew over quickly. The autumn weather is certainly settling in. 

Time to go and sort dinner, I have chicken breast out so just need to decide what to do with it, maybe a curry? Indian or Thai?


1 comment:

  1. I painted my kitchen porch decking today. I have been putting it off for two years and ran out of excuses to get it done. Curry sounds great. I was planning on that myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x