15 October 2021

All free today

Friday again already, the weeks just fly. Today we headed over to Waterbeach in search of the free soil improver. They had lots. The security guard on the gate said “good morning young lady” I could get used to these compliments, though I’m sure he says it to everyone! 

Peter and I arrived before Rachel so we had 12 bags filled and waiting by the time she got there. 

Glad it was a nice day, as this stuff is smelly and you need the windows open!


The improver is now spread over the beds on our plot and I have winter cabbage, rainbow chard and sprouting broccoli plants on the way. We will have something in to over winter. Need to get some onion and garlic sets and we will be done for now.  

Back home we vacuumed both cars and left the windows open for a bit to get rid of the smell!

Sometime was spent tidying the front garden. Peter removed a self set tree which was taking over a border and I pruned my roses and moved some foxgloves. Replanted some bulbs that a local cat had removed whilst using our border as a toilet!

Following this we changed and went for a walk to enjoy the beautiful afternoon









All in all a good and productive day

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x