18 October 2021

On this day



Looking through my photographs recently I thought I’d do a look back over the years to this day 18 October.  I know for some years there weren’t any pictures so it will be a day either side, whatever there is. 

I store my photographs on Google photo which I love. I have thousands, there aren’t many days that go by when I don’t snap something. I never print any out which I guess is sad. What will become of them?  I do have our youngest daughter listed as an inactive account contact, but whether she would do anything with them I’ll never know. What do you do with photos?

During lockdown we went through all our physical photographs and culled them, keeping only those that were any good. I did in years gone by put photos in albums but that habit fell by the wayside. We have lots of old black and white photos given to us by Peter’s mum. We have no idea who most people are and she no longer wished to keep them. 

So here we go 18 October in no particular order

2013 old anvil from the farm

2014 baby Jess

2018 Ten stitch blanket for Gus

2012 Speechley family celebrate Anne (mother in laws) 85 birthday. She will be 94 tomorrow!

2015 Jess

2010 baby Rufus 

2011 cosy corner in the barn conversion in our old home - this space we miss

2017 Peter with a full lap

2016 baby Gus

2016 sunset

2019 Gus in his traffic light jumper

2020 Marmalade cake

2012 baby Laurie and me

And finally today 2021 - a wet and miserable afternoon. We were out when it started to rain so my washing is still out.  I suppose I should go out and rescue it into the dryer

And because these are some of my favourite flowers, the smell takes me back to childhood. My mum always grew these a real sign that autumn is here.

Hope you enjoyed my little look back

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely idea. I also wonder what will happen to all the photos on my computer in years to come, and I have boxes of ‘real’ photos that I have been so bad at sorting over the years! This winter, maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x