25 October 2021

Our autumn garden



































I make no apologies for the photo dump!! I’m happy to still see pockets of colour in the garden.  Some of which have been flowering for months.  I need to start having a tidy but will leave it just a little bit longer before making gaps

Laundry and housework completed. 

The kitchen has been smelling of chicken stock this morning. Once cooled this will go in the freezer for soup.  Can’t beat homemade stock.


The Christmas puddings look amazing and smell so too. They are now rewrapped and stored away until required. Making these is a long process but you really can’t compare a shop bought with homemade. I find shop bought tend to be overly sweet, sticky and just don’t have that depth of flavour.  So whilst I can I will continue to make my own.


We had a walk to the allotment to check on the cabbage plants and give them some water, typically we’ve had no rain since planting.  Then onto the market to see if they had any plants I fancied but no.  Back across the meadow in time for lunch, collecting up fallen walnuts on the way, walkers perks.

I plan on spending some time knitting before catching the next episode of Chateau DIY our family are on today, tomorrow and Wednesday- channel 4 at 4pm

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x