24 October 2021

Steamy Sunday

 




A shorter walk today (4.8 miles) as I was time limited due to making our Christmas puddings.  I oven steam which is easier than doing on the hob, but you still need to keep an eye on in the water levels. I use a fairly deep pan so can get around three hours before needing to top up with boiling water.  It’s surprising how quickly the time goes when you are up against the clock.  It was a quick sprint for the last half mile but luckily it hadn’t boiled dry.  Eight hours steaming and they are out of the oven and cooling.  In the morning I will change the baking paper and foil and tuck them away until needed. One for this year, one for next.  Same recipe since 2002. Tried and tested



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x