9 April 2021

Friday family day

Hard to believe it is Friday again, another week done.  We met with Rachel and the children and went for a walk over to Fenstanton to have a fish and chip lunch. The children were so good it was a 7 mile round trip and they didn’t complain once. Which is not bad considering they had walked 10 miles the day before.

The fish and chips were very good and we sat in the park at a picnic table to eat them, shame the weather was so cold though. Luckily the weather held until we got home and we’ve had some much need rain.  I was beginning to think I might need to water the garden. Total walked today was 8.3 miles





Yesterday we walked over to Houghton Mill and along the Houghton Meadows for a change.  The meadow names are so confusing where they merge and change but basically you walk this meadow but end up back in Hemingford Grey but on the other side of the river, there is no crossing so you have to walk back to Houghton.  The swan couple are back to nesting at the mill again this year.  I love that they are completely not bothered by people taking photos.  I took a video but it won’t load here. Total walk was 6.6 miles





No weekend plans so far.  Rachel asked if I could make her a summer top like the one I made for Jess.  Not sure if Jess has tried hers on yet, she didn’t say whether she liked it or not, kids are funny, but maybe if mummy has one too ..... but then again maybe that will put her off altogether!! I actually have enough yarn and I’m sure I can adapt the pattern to fit her.  It’s top down so once I’ve dealt with the sleeves I can add some extra stitches under the arms to accommodate.  The largest size on the pattern is age 12, so that should be ok, she’s quite skinny but long bodied. So if the weather is rubbish as forecast I can at least start that.

The last few days I have been knitting flowers for St Ives in Bloom, they want to do a knitted/crochet/any craft display in the town centre to brighten and cheer people up so I’ve been using up some oddments. I will work on a few more before the deadline ends.



2 comments:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x