28 April 2021

Knitting news








My latest finish is currently blocking after a soak, so I thought I’d do you some close up pictures of the different stitch patterns I used. They all feature slipped stitches, with three of them a variation on the honeycomb stitch. I don’t know off hand the name of the stitch in the third photo but it was from a sweater pattern I knitted for the older boys years ago. 

I worked an increase on the right side rows into the third stitch to get the shaping and did a three stitch garter border each side. For the cast off I cast on three stitches and did a knit-on border to match. In hindsight I should have ended with the garter stitch panel before casting off as it’s fairly wavy, so I’m trying to block it so it won’t curl over. I’m guessing it won’t matter too much as it’s just for me and I can live with the imperfections!!

All about the Z.........

I just cast on a scarf, the pattern if you can call it one -  is called Zick Zack - here’s the pattern

cast on multiples of 12 - 

K5 K2tog K4 KFB repeat to end of row. Continue as set til it’s as long as you want.  

I have cast on 72 stitches on 3mm needles with King Cole Zig Zag (4ply self stripes) in colourway Kaleidoscope.  If you want to use plain yarn then you can work your own stripe pattern or do it plain.  Would work with any yarn thickness just adjust needle and cast on accordingly. Have fun, will post some pictures when I have enough knitted.

See what I mean lots of Z’s

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x