22 April 2021

Languishing













I’ve not felt in the mood to post these last few days. Not a whole lot has happened

Tuesday was Peter’s birthday, we went for a walk, checked in on the swan, she’s still sitting on her eggs. Stopped for a pint at the local pub. In the evening we had a group WhatsApp video call with the girls. That was Tuesday.

Wednesday, I cleared the ironing basket and sorted the airing cupboard, exciting stuff, then after lunch my friend Manda came for tea and chat

Today, Peter went for his second jab then we went to Lidl and picked up some plants.  The rest of the day has been quiet, sat in the garden reading and knitting. 

So far he is feeling ok so 🤞for no side effects this time. I’m still 4 weeks away from my second jab, just wish they did them with a shorter gap here to get them over and done with. 

Some of the plants are in the utility room for now as they are too tender to go out yet. But we have had a beautiful day here today, I even got out the sun shades and looks like another sunny day tomorrow too.

I finished the top for Rachel so I will get back to my slip stitch pattern shawl, hope I can remember where I left off.

So there is now a name for that Blah feeling we are currently all experiencing, it’s Languishing. Not depressed or hopeless just joyless and aimless - sort of sums up just how I’m feeling....   I’ll leave you with that one

2 comments:

  1. Your right, but it could be worse. The sweater came out nice!! I like it a lot! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list of jab side effects!😁 Every week we think we’re nearly there but I think it’s the constantly being told, “If all goes according to plan”, that is so demoralising! We can’t easily look forward when we have it at the back of our minds that things might go back again😣 Anyway, hopefully you can enjoy the lovely weather and have some outdoor get togethers with some of your gorgeous grandchildren, and Zoom with the others🤗 We’ve been virtual since August and it seems like a VERY long time!! Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x